Hosting a Mirror
Hosting a mirror is simple. You need rsync, some disk space, bandwidth, and a hostname. JSAN currently must run under a hostname such as "subdomain.example.com". Directory Indexes should be turned on for the "dist/" location. Please do not sync more than once every hour. And realistically you only need to sync once or twice a day.
To mirror JSAN run the following rsync command from cron. Change "/usr/local/jsan" to your document root for the JSAN mirror host.
rsync -avz --delete rsync://master.openjsan.org/jsan /usr/local/jsan
If you want to use your own logo at the bottom of the page, save it to
/usr/local/jsan/images/mirror/logo.png and rsync with this instead:
rsync -avz --delete --exclude=/images/mirror/logo.png \ rsync://master.openjsan.org/jsan /usr/local/jsan
If you want to use your own logo at the bottom of the page, and you want the
ability to link to it, or make some other reasonable modification, you can
/usr/local/jsan/js/script/mirror.js and rsync with this
rsync -avz --delete --exclude=/js/script/mirror.js \ rsync://master.openjsan.org/jsan /usr/local/jsan
Next, send email to the JSAN Development list and tell us what the host is, who you are, and what country your mirror is in. If your world region is not represented in the list then we need you!
- http://openjsan.org (Official Master Site)
- http://jsan.caseywest.com (Backup Master Site)
- http://back.openjsan.org (Official Backup and Archival Site)
- http://jsan.jp (Japan, Tokyo)
- http://jsan.nc.cyut.edu.tw (Taiwan, Taichung City (IPv6 support))
- http://jsan.stu.edu.tw (Taiwan, Kaousiung City)
- http://www.jsan.de (Germany, Munich)
- http://jsan.log.pt (Portugal, Lisbon)
- http://jsan.davecardwell.co.uk (United Kingdom, London)
- http://jsan.clueball.com (United Kingdom)
- http://jsan.woobling.org (Israel)